Crew 245 Sol Summary Report 13-04-2021
Summary Title: First day in Sim
Author’s name: Shayna Hume
Mission Status: Executive Officer
Sol Activity Summary:
· Woke up to “Good Morning” by Kanye…. again
· Early morning hours: Strawberry, blueberry, and chocolate chip pancakes! Chef Julio is unreal.
· Late morning hours: Hurried for a 9am first EVA. From 9-12, we did our two practice EVA’s in two crews. Crew 1: Hume, Coultrup, Ettlin. Crew 2: Dickstein, Hariharan, Hernandez. First words outside: “We go to Mars together.” Second EVA ended early due to comms breakdown.
· Noon: separated for a variety of activities. Crew Scientist doing botany. HSO starting a botany kit as well. Report-writing for the rest.
· Lunch: Chef Julio preparing quesadillas! Corn tortillas from scratch! It was absolutely wonderful.
· Afternoon: Scientist & Botanist in Greenhab, HSO and Commander working on Documentary, Engineer and XO on misc.
· Late Afternoon: Scientist & Botanist in Greenhab, Engineer grabbing people for dexterity task, HSO & XO answering misc. calls for help, Commander videoing intro videos for our mockumentary.
· Dinner: Beef tacos!
Look Ahead Plan: Our first science mission is tomorrow morning. In addition, we will be completing the second day of dexterity testing in spacesuit gloves. Misc. botany will be happening, as well as the first soil sample analysis for geology and astrobiology. We are now living fully in sim and beginning to work towards making our workload each day sustainable.
Anomalies in work: Comms went dead on EVA, ended early. Dead charge only.
Weather: Warm in daytime, around 40 F at nighttime. Clear weather. Expected rain did not fall.
Crew Physical Status: No major issues. HSO Report coming in for small aid kit use.
EVA: Two practice EVA’s. First one had several equipment issues, completed as nominal however. Second had comms issue. EVA Reports incoming.
Reports to be filed: HSO Report, Operations Report, EVA Report, EVA Plan, Science Report
Support Requested: We would like to abstain from sending 8 daily photos, as it’s taking up our whole internet. We uploaded photos over lunch and it virtually drained the entire internet for the day. A single photo may be more feasible. Please confirm a single photo of the day will do for now. We are running out just by sending this.
Shayna Hume, Executive Officer
Red Planet People – MDRS Crew 245 “Team Patamars”
To Mars and Beyond – For All!