6h30m – Awake.
7h50m – 7h50m – 60 minutes walking: 5,6 km or 3,5 miles.
10h20m – 11h – EVA activity walking to collect more soil to a posterior analysis.
11h – Part of our crew is preparing pancakes.
12h – Camila and Brandon tried to fix the water heater, but they didn’t got.
14h30m – The crew is preparing the lunch.
15h – I just spend great part of my time reflecting about what dimensions would be considered about the sustainability study of a Mars analogue habitat. So, the following chart summarizes important key elements to be considered, evaluated in MDRS and propose some improvements about.
Chart 1 – Dimensions of the sustainability to be studied in MDRS
|Environmental Sustainability||– Activities of environmental education;
– Waste management practices;
– Save water practices;
– Procedures to save energy and use of renewable energy;
– Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
|Social sustainability||– Education related to the research station management;
– Publication of reports;
– Quality of life;
– Equal distribution of activities between genres;
– Occupational Health and Safety Policy;
– Use of social media;
– Code of ethics or code of conduct;
– Social responsibility actions.
|Personal sustainability||– develop personal resilience strategies to achieve goals;
– maintenance of good mental condition;
– team assistance and relationship;
– orientation to activities and tasks;
– Feeling of satisfaction or completude.
|Economic sustainability||– Operations and management of the simulation;
– Scientific process.
15h30m – Lunch.
16h20m – I walked 1h40m. Today I completed 10 miles, as yesterday. An average of 8 miles by day. This is part of my experiment related with personal sustainability. Apple Watch is providing the info that I supposed had burned more than 1000 calories.
19h – CapComm.