Crew 212 – LATAM III
Submitted by GreenHab Officer Hector Palomeque
1. Solar Observation/Astrophotography/Stellar Clusters:
• The eyepiece of MUSK Telescope was successfully assembled.
• First picture of the sun with MUSK Solar Telescope (a bit cloudy).
• Deep Sky Robotic Telescope still observing a star cluster (interrupted due to the bad weather).
• The first flight of 2 on 3 drones in a Martian environment was performed during today’s EVA (SOL 4).
• Manual light off and landing did for checking that Drones are working correctly.
• Drones operation with space suit was tested.
• Waiting for the weather forecast to schedule and perform the next experiment (photos of the MDRS Hab and other areas).
• One flight of the Drone-Multicopter were performed around MDRS Hab during today’s EVA (SOL 4)
• Interesting points around MDRS Hab selected.
• Drone successfully connected to the computer for planning an automatic mission.
4. Observation Rover:
• Linux system correctly launched and running in a crew’s Laptop.
• Still needing to download the script from UK for uploading it into the Raspberry Pi Rover board.
5. Space Farming:
• Red-Clay collected for preparing a mix for Martian-like regolith.
• Broken-Autoclave used for boiling in order to disinfect/sterilize the material as much as possible (without problem nor danger).
• Broth culture media for selected Chernobyl and Fukushima bacteria successfully prepared and sterilized (no contamination detected in negative control after 24 hours).
• Chernobyl and Fukushima bacteria correctly inoculated in Nutrient Broth.
• Chernobyl and Fukushima bacteria already showing sights of growth.
6. Keep Talking:
• Crewmembers getting a better performance during the game. Some teams already have reached the Difficult Level.
• The fourth day of playing (corresponding for each SOL).
7. Ethnography study:
• Audio-recordings with the information collected during the observations of the Crew 212 behave already sent to the Colombian Aerospace Research and Develop Group (Colombia).
8. Pulse Oximeter Measurement:
• No update to report.
9. Software for macroscopic characterization:
• Nutrient Agar in Petri dishes prepared using the Broken-Autoclave (all correct).
• MDRS soil bacteria cultivated in Nutrient Agar.
• Waiting for bacterial growth (24 hours).
• EVA scheduled for collecting rhizospheric soil of MDRS plants.