Science Report 11-Jan-2020
Crew Science Officer: Hannah Blackburn
1. Biometrics and Neurobehavioral Research
Continued taking sleep and post-EVA logs. Post-EVA biometrics were recorded.
Nothing to report.
3. Dust Mitigation for Optical Mirrors
Mirrors were examined in the Science Dome. Samples were selected for simulated dust storm and dried in the oven.
4. Astrophotography of Celestial Bodies
3 observations were taken last night. We will download the results between 2 and 6 am tomorrow.
5. Remediation of Mars Regolith
Continued examining regolith under the microscope. One dead algae was found, but no living organisms.
6. Chemical and Mineralogical Composition of the MDRS Site
Samples were dried in the oven using glass beakers. Additional samples were taken during EVAs 11 and 12.
7. Protocols for the Discovery of Life on Mars
Additional samples collected during EVA 12.
Glassware check out:
10 glass beakers (sizes between 200 and 500 ml) were used to dry regolith samples.
A reminder to all crewmembers: There’s a $300 fine for using any glassware material without MDRS Mission support permission.