December 11, 2017
Environmental control: (Choose which is appropriate and explain further if needed)
Ambient (no heating or/cooling)
Ambient with window/door open
· Outside temperature during work hours: 5 C high -1 C low
· At 10:20, inside temperature was 40 C. Opened door to cool.
· Keep door open for most of the day. Closed around 16:00, inside temperature was 20 C.
· Inside temperature high 15 low 40
· Inside humidity: 16%
· Functioning nominally
· Turns on at 16 C stops at 20 C
· Not available
Both heating and cooling
Shade cloth on/off
Average temperature: (N/A until new sensor is delivered)
Changes to crops: Note all emergence of seedlings, death of seedlings, etc
· The original tomato plant is doing well!
· Two of the four thinned tomato plants are improving!
· The other two have no change
· Some of the other tomato plants were starting to wilt, so moved them from the back of the hab to the door where it is cooler
· One of the beans are starting to produce its first bean!
· More new seedlings popped up in one of the herb gardens! Probably 20 in that single planter now!
· Planted more herb. One herb planter currently has two rows of the following herbs, from left to right (see picture attached to email):
o Common Sage
o Dill Weed
Daily water usage for crops:
· Some of the soil was extra dry
Time(s) of watering for crops:
Morning research observations: (Currently not operational)
Changes to research plants:
Daily watering and amount of water used:
· 2.5 gallons,
Aquaponics: (Currently not operational)
Narrative: Any other information you want to share
· Found the tin of seed packets.
o Organized the non-empty seed packets alphabetically using cut up cardboard in that tin
o Created an index of packets which still have seeds
o Created an empty index of packets to preserve the individual plant care instructions.
· The current monitor is a fire and carbon monoxide detector. Is there still a desire from mission control to install a separate carbon monoxide detector, perhaps in a different location in the greenhab? See attached pictures for picture of current alarm system.
· Tested the fire and CO detector, system is nominal.
· Mission Control Requests:
o Request for replanting plan for tomorrow:
§ The planter box closest to the door has about 20-30 seedlings. Permission to replant them into small, individual planters so the box has more space for the rest of the herbs.
You must be logged in to post a comment.