December 15, 2017
Environmental control: (Choose which is appropriate and explain further if needed)
Ambient (no heating or/cooling)
Ambient with window/door open
· Outside temperature during work hours: 10 C
· At 12:00 inside temperature was 43 C. Opened door to cool.
· Keep door open for most of the day. Closed around 16:30, inside temperature was 20 C.
· Inside temperature high 43 low 18
· Inside humidity: 16%
· Functioning nominally
· Turns on at 16 C stops at 20 C
· Not available
Both heating and cooling
Shade cloth on/off
Average temperature: (N/A until new sensor is delivered)
Changes to crops: Note all emergence of seedlings, death of seedlings, etc
· Three of the bean plants are still drooping
· One of the bean plants is flowering! A nice purple flower.
· Other beans are starting to appear on 4 bean plants!
· No sprouts yet from the newly planted herb seeds. Expect some by next Monday!
Daily water usage for crops:
· Used more water to accommodate the drier planter box.
Time(s) of watering for crops:
Morning research observations: (Currently not operational)
Changes to research plants:
Daily watering and amount of water used:
· 3.0 gallons
Aquaponics: (Currently not operational)
Narrative: Any other information you want to share
· After yesterday’s report sent, Mission Support delivered more seeds and plant food. Thank you mission support!