December 12, 2017
Environmental control: (Choose which is appropriate and explain further if needed)
Ambient (no heating or/cooling)
Ambient with window/door open
· Outside temperature during work hours: 9 C
· At 10:05, inside temperature was 35 C. Opened door to cool.
· Keep door open for most of the day. Closed around 16700, inside temperature was 17 C.
· Inside temperature high 37 low 17
· Inside humidity: 16%
· Functioning nominally
· Turns on at 16 C stops at 20 C
· Not available
Both heating and cooling
Shade cloth on/off
Average temperature: (N/A until new sensor is delivered)
Changes to crops: Note all emergence of seedlings, death of seedlings, etc
· The original tomato plant is doing well!
· Two of the four thinned tomato plants are improving!
· The other two have no change
· Moved tomato plants are doing well!
· The little bean is doing well
· No sprouts yet from the newly planted herb seeds. Expect some by next Monday!
Daily water usage for crops:
· Some of the soil was extra dry
Time(s) of watering for crops:
Morning research observations: (Currently not operational)
Changes to research plants:
Daily watering and amount of water used:
· 2.5 gallons
Aquaponics: (Currently not operational)
Narrative: Any other information you want to share
· Mission Control Requests:
o Request for replanting plan for tomorrow:
§ The planter box closest to the door has about 20-30 seedlings. Permission to replant them into small, individual planters so the box has more space for the rest of the herbs.