December 14, 2017
Environmental control: (Choose which is appropriate and explain further if needed)
Ambient (no heating or/cooling)
Ambient with window/door open
· Outside temperature during work hours: 8 C
· At 12:45, inside temperature was 40 C. Opened door to cool.
· Keep door open for most of the day. Closed around 17:30, inside temperature was 18 C.
· Inside temperature high 40 low 16
· Inside humidity: 16%
· Functioning nominally
· Turns on at 16 C stops at 20 C
· Not available
Both heating and cooling
Shade cloth on/off
Average temperature: (N/A until new sensor is delivered)
Changes to crops: Note all emergence of seedlings, death of seedlings, etc
· All tomato plants are doing well!
· Three of the bean plants are beginning to droop
· Moved some drooping cucumber plants and beans from the wall to the door
· Finished planting the rest of the seeds in the planter from left to right, towards the door to away from the door:
o Winter Thyme
· No sprouts yet from the newly planted herb seeds. Expect some by next Monday!
Daily water usage for crops:
· Good. Increased due to one planter being drier than the rest
Time(s) of watering for crops:
Morning research observations: (Currently not operational)
Changes to research plants:
Daily watering and amount of water used:
· 3.0 gallons
Aquaponics: (Currently not operational)
Narrative: Any other information you want to share