[title Science Report – November 26th]
Crew 216 Research Report 26-NOV-19
Submitted by: Rich Whittle
1) Psych Scale (TAMU IRB2019-1042D) – Nothing further to report.
2) Medical Casts – Continuation of Crew 215 research. Crew washed gypsum and experimented with crushing techniques
3) In-Situ Fluorescent Mineral Prospecting – Still searching for radioactives and rare Earths.
4) MDRS Mapping – Nothing further to report (awaiting return of map with desired annotations).
5) MDRS Communications – Attempted to test increased range of 5W transceiver to south, as well as find potential rebroadcast locations. EVA cut short due to Hab comms issue, though one potential site was marked at grid 12 S 0518585 4248798. Repeat attempt planned for EVA 06 on 27-Nov-19. On EVA 04 traveled to east of Hab to evaluate comms. Good comms as far as crew traveled, distance cut short due to battery life of rovers. EVA 05 planned tomorrow to evaluate radio rebroadcast sites close to Hab.