[title Science Report – December 28th]
Science Report 28 Dec 2018
Crew 201 – Mex-1 Crew
Submitted by Federico Martínez, Crew Astronomer/Scientist
1. The Multidimensional Fatigue Symptom Inventory: The crew was responding a questionary every day, and creating a database for its future analysis.
2. Crew Wellness Experiment: Between 7 am and 8 am, every member of the crew measured its weight and pressure. Also we took no daily tes of water consumption. All of the crew members lost weight, between 500gr and 1.5 kgs.
3. Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) Pointing: The spaceship that carried on the Satellite system never arrived, neccesary tools have been printed and site survice for location of the anthena done. Crew 201 expects that the following Crews take into consideration the existence of the antenna for their projects.
4. 3D Printing in space exploration: 3D printer its been used to make tools for the installation of the VSAT and the prototyping of a Rover. The weather complicated the correct functionality of the 3D printer. Also, several printed parts have presented some defects.
5. Engaging space to the people: All material has been recorded and it´s ready for the post production back on Earth.
6. Validation of electronics architecture and communication protocols for an exploration rover: Communication between computer and xbee electronics aboard failed, spare part never arrived.
7. Behavior of Artificial Vision algorithms for Autonomous Navigation: Images for patron recognition and stereovision with configured cameras for this characteristics has been taken. The software wasn’t capable of processing the information
8. Prototype and mechanical testing of Exploration rover: The rover has been assembled on a 99%, but we are having trouble with the 3d printer, missing 3 parts for fully assemble, still working on it.
9. Martian Soil Analysis for usage on Greenhab: The water testing on soil wasn’t successful, chemical tests pending.